Saturday, October 13, 2007

Day 1 Braidlocks

Here's some more before pics... I took these on Wednesday night... It shows the texture and thickness of my hair I think.... This was after the colouring.






This is now, technically Day 1, although I started Wednesday night before my trip. I guess you can't really call them braidlocks yet. Right now they're just braids, but in my mind they're locks and I'm connecting to them as preemie baby locks :o)



I wasn't too concerned with the partings or the different sizes. At first when I started I was planning to be pretty fastidious with parting and stuff, but after years of twisting my hair with blatant disregard for parts and things, I didn't see the point. I also like the idea that there will be varying sizes although if some are too thin I figure I can always join them later.

I finished braiding after a long hard trip. It was a nice way to spend what would have been a boring day at home. Communing with my hair :o)

I coloured it first. I actually wanted a lighter burgundy colour but then I didn't know if it would be too light. My skin is a lot darker now after a month in Barbados, so I didn't want to do something that would look ridiculous. I can always colour it again when my hair is fully locked....

After braiding it I washed it. It still smelled like the stuff that I used to colour it and I didn't like that. It looks great now though - well I think so anyway :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

They are going to look fine. I started my daughters off that way July 06. She loves them.

Krisia said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I don't need it right now because any further excitement about my locks-to-be will make me unbearable, but I know there will come a time when the enthusiasm dwindles and I will look back at these pics and comments for inspiration :o)

Butterflyinbim said...

You look great, great pics. I want to enjoy the journey with you. So sorry for making your journey so painful, but I know you have come through it a beautiful and fantastic woman.